Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Fr. Patrick Etuk, MSP - Homily from Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2018

Someone asked him,
"Lord, will only a few people be saved?"
He answered them,
"Strive to enter through the narrow gate,
for many, I tell you, will attempt to enter
but will not be strong enough. Lk 13:22-33

It is not only God's grace that matters in our spiritual journey, our efforts, our struggles to overcome temptations and persevere in doing good counts in God's sight. St Augustine tells us that we should pray as if everything depended on God and work as if everything depended on us. We will not idly stroll into the kingdom of God, sometimes we will come to it through tears and  blood.

🙇‍♀Jesus I trust in you. I need you more than ever today.  Walk with me Lord for I can't walk alone. Be my strenght and my shield. When my strength fails me, let your mercy hold me up. Jesus I trust in you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment