Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Fr. Patrick Etuk, MSP - Homily from Monday, Oct. 22, 2018

Now as for you my soul, you have so many good things stored up for many years, rest, eat, drink, be merry!”  (Luke 12: 19)...
You fool, this night your life will be demanded of you; and the things you have prepared, to whom will they belong?"
(Luke 12: 20).

It was not a bad idea for the rich man to have thought of expanding his storage, to be able to accumulate more grains from a rich harvest.  He went wrong when he spared no thought for God who ultimately is the source of all wealth and may have had different plans for him. Where is God in my life shedules? Do I ever ask what he wants for and of me? He made no  room either for his neighbour. It was all and only  about him. When God blesses me do I spare a thought for others? The foolish man is the man who is always full of himself.

🙇‍♀🙇‍♀🙇‍♀Jesus, sometimes I have been foolish when I have lived my life as if I was totally in control, when i have not shown care towards others with the resources you have given me. Teach me kindness and generosity of heart. Make me  know O Lord the shortness of my life that I may gain wisdom of heart. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment