Monday, October 29, 2018

Fr. Patrick Etuk, MSP - Homily from Monday, Oct. 29, 2018

"Woman, you are set free of your infirmity" Lk 13:12

For 18 years, the woman that was doubly bent from her infirmity  kept her faith in God in despite not seeing her healing in sight. I suspect she was no longer hoping that God will visit her and grant her relief  from her affliction.   This woman's faith inspires me because she continued to seek God and remained faithful and devout even when she saw no prospects of receiving answers to her prayers. This is heroic faith that Habbakuk speaks of: "Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, I will greatly rejoice in the Lord. 3:17-18.

🙏🙇‍♀Lord you never forsake those who hope in you, may I never be put to shame as I hold on to your promise. When my faith wavers, let your goodness and mercy uphold me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment