Thursday, April 11, 2019

Fr Ebuka Umekachikelu, MSP - Homily Friday, April 12, 2019


Jeremiah in the first reading and Jesus in the gospel share the same destiny profoundly, being misunderstood and left alone by close associates and friends. They are equally united in their response as they look up to God for comfort and strength, as followers of Christ our fate will not be different. Sometimes you will find yourself alone because what Christ demands from you is not fashionable and popular. Are you ready to stand with Jesus?  We must be ready to say  with John Bunyan "Therefore, I bind these lies and slanderous accusations to my person as an ornament; it belongs to my Christian profession to be vilified, slandered, reproached and reviled, and since all this is nothing but that, as God and my conscience testify, I rejoice in being reproached for Christ's sake."

Lord when my courage fails me let your right hand lift me up. You are my light and my help I fear no ill. You are the stronghold of my life, I shall never be shaken. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment