Monday, April 15, 2019

Fr Ebuka Umekachikelu, MSP - Homily Tuesday, April 16, 2019


Jesus did everything to keep Judas away from his evil plot but Judas was not persuaded. In spite of how loving Jesus was he still had an enemy who was working against his interest right in his very house. A man’s enemy our Lord says will be of his household. The most difficult enemy to defeat is the enemy within.  Lent is a time to look into our hearts to repent for the times we have played Judas.  “Have you heard of the most evil things done by people in their lifetime? They have coveted men's wives, killed hundreds of Christians and sold their best friend's life away for just a few coins. Isn't it interesting that they were God's chosen in the bible? Think of Saul, David, Judas etc.
Lord, never allow my heart to be so hardened as to turn my back on you.  May I never be deaf to that still small voice admonishing me against evil in my heart. Grant me O Lord a listening ear. Feet that hurries away from evil. Arms that are eager to do good. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment