Friday, April 5, 2019

Fr Ebuka Umekachikelu, MSP - Homily Saturday, April 6, 2019


God has a way of shattering all our moulds and confounding our prejudices.  They doubted Jesus because he came from the region of Galilee and they never believed a prophet could come from there.  When Fr. Jim Wiethorn came across an ex-convict who murdered his wife and ended up in prison he could hardly ever believe that this man will end up a religious. In his words ‘when I was asked to do interview with the ex-convict who wanted to be a candidate for our capuchin Franciscan way of life, I was extremely skeptical. After an hour with him, I came to the realization of God’s love, forgiveness and redemption. This man was ten times more a Franciscan than I was’ God is inviting us to believe more in miracles today. We can never predict the way God works we must be humble and open-minded.
Deliver me Lord Jesus from the arrogance that makes me presume to understand fully your ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment